Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
A fresh new taste in the world of gaming. The Dpad provides gaming news, previews, reviews and opinions. For Gamers By Gamers.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Heavy Rain Could Be Getting A Movie Deal...Oh Joy


Well gamers if your a huge fan of Quantic Dream's latest title Heavy Rain, then you might not like my opinions in this post. It was reported today that production company Unique Features is in the process of finishing a deal to bring Heavy Rain to the big screen. This is no sure thing yet, but each party is working hard to bring the movie to life. It has been reported that Michael Lynne and Bob Shaye spend their own money at an auction for the rights to the game. (Lynne produced The Lord of the Rings films).

I just cannot fathom why everyone loves Heavy Rain. Yes I played it, yes I beat it, but no I didn't think is was spectacular and a "must own" for PS3 owners. The game is pretty much one big quick-time event. I'm serious, you literally walk around and make decisions by pressing a few buttons at a time. Now look, I can appreciate a great written story and Heavy Rain does have that. But man, this shit is BORING. Besides the occasional fight or chase, this game is just plain awful to experience. Here's what it comes down to. If your looking for a interactive novel with little gameplay and great story telling, play Heavy Rain. If you want a bad-ass PS3 experience with TONS of action and a great story as well, play Uncharted 2, God of War III or Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

When I played Heavy Rain I was SO disappointed. I thought to myself, wow it took these guys 4 years to make this shit? The beginning was so awful I had to force myself to get through it. You brush your teeth, put on clothes and play with your (TERRIBLE voice acting) kids outside. The basic controls (including walking) were sketchy. Id try and move Ethan Mars down the stairs and into his kitchen, and it took me 10 minutes because he kept walking around in the opposite direction I intended. On MULTIPLE occasions the game would glitch and freeze. I'm not talking about a short little pause, no no no. I mean my entire system froze with Ethan's dumb ass standing there. This to date is the only game that has ever caused my PS3 to crash. Even the responses you could choose from in conversations were confusing. The choices said one thing, and then the character would do or say something completely different to what I expect. This left me pissed off and frustrated a majority of the game. Finally, the plot was completely predictable and didn't take long to beat the game at all. As soon as I completed it, I went to Gamestop and sold it.

I know I'm bashing this game, but really someone needs to. It was a depressing story with annoying voice actors, mediocre graphics, and no actual gameplay (oh excuse me, walking around and pushing one or two buttons together). The fact that this crap is getting a movie deal is sad. Oh well, I guess that's Hollywood.

What do you guys think? Let us know on our twitter
or e-mail me at Keith33Morris@aol.com
-KM


No comments:

Post a Comment